Sunday, May 29, 2011

And so it begins...

Wow! It was been a great start to our staff training....these kids are excited and ready to get busy with the ministry they have come here for! I have really enjoyed being reunited with old staff and getting to know the new staff (East Coast Girls, Rm 3, holla!!). They were put through some pretty trying and difficult team challenges tonight but accomplished them with flying colors. I was amazed with their level of team work and confidence, and ashamed that I actually thought they wouldn't be able to do it. I'm impressed!

We have some beautiful staff this year....I can see their hearts are just eager to grow closer to God and to be used as a vessel to reach these campers. I feel really good about this group and am looking forward to seeing how God is going to use them in the next few months.

Often my job doesn't allow for much time to sit and get to know many of the staff on a very personal level....it's go, go, go! But I have a burden to really change that and get to know them more. I have prayed for them by name for some time now that I almost feel like I know them.....I'm looking forward to spending the next couple of months chatting with them, laughing with them, and praying with them.
This year our emphasis is on prayer. I'm thankful for a camp director who is burdened to make this an emphasis....it is so vital to this ministry. Even tonight I have been challenged, as Nanette (our lead girl counselor) shared some points on the subject....I know I don't do it enough. I'm looking forward to being challenged in this area and seeing others grow as well.

If I weren't so tired, I would load pictures tonight, but it's late and I have to be up and at 'em tomorrow. These next 2 days are long and intense as we spend time going over the Gospel, what it means, how to share it, the power it gives, etc. We will also be going over camp policies, rules, schedule, expectations, etc. Usually by the end of the day on Tuesday, their brains are full and they have a glassy look in their eyes! But then we will swoop them away to beautiful Colorado and they will be able to enjoy God's creation and soak in all that they have learned.

Please be in prayer for these young people this week.....there is much to do and little time to do it. Thanks in advance!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment