Friday, July 29, 2011

It's officially the last day of camp.....I can't believe it.
In some ways it has flown by, but in others it has just crawled along slowly. Either way, the end is officially here and I am, once again, amazed at how God has worked through this camp to reach so many kids.
We had our last campfire yesterday and all I can say is God is so good! Despite our tired staff, God worked in the hearts of so many campers and it was so encouraging to hear them verbally share how their lives are changed by Him. It makes all the late nights and the long days worth it.

This day is always bittersweet.......so looking forward to getting some real rest and spending time with my family, but at the same time, you hate to lose your front row seat to such an amazing ministry. And as usual, I always look back on the summer and think about all the things I could have done better, but like I said, despite our exhaustion and the fact that we are broken vessels, God still used us and never failed to "fill our cup" daily.

As soon as they get all the numbers tallied, I will be sure to post them here.....how many campers actually attended camp, and a rough estimate of how many gave their lives to Christ. Again, God is good!!!!!

Thank you all for your prayers and support over the past 2 months.....we still have another 24+ hours to go, so praying that we finish strong and with no regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment