Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I know, I know.....I have slacked the past couple of weeks. I hit the wall same time last year! Week 5 usually does me in!

But just to catch you up on all that the Lord is doing here at BABR, I'll briefly highlight the past couple of weeks.
Week 6 was the biggest week we've EVER had.....we maxed out with over 180 campers....they were everywhere!!! We had to kick the work team out of their bunk house and use it as a cabin.....that particular cabin had 25 campers (girls) in it!!! Man was it loud in there!
But we had an amazing week and even with all the chaos and noise, God did such a wonderful work here at camp and in the lives of so many campers! But we were so tired by the end of the week and the weekend never looked so good!

God really pushed us all that week and there is no way we could have made it through without HIS strength! It's so amazing to see Him take over when we are weak and exhausted.

Then, we entered week 7......we went from the largest week to the smallest week......what a shock! And the camp was so quiet with only 72 campers....less than half of the previous week's number! Insane!!!!
But again, God was faithful and made it fruitful, despite the small numbers.

I am feeling the fatigue of the summer.....as we slowly crawl through the weeks, the signs of exhaustion are starting show. It's just in the little things mostly....like putting the milk in the pantry instead of the fridge, and taking clothes out of the dryer and putting them right back into the washer again. And everything is MUCH funnier by week 8.....I've laughed til my face hurts!! It's good for my weary mind!

Thank you all for praying, even if I haven't kept you updated the past couple of weeks. Pray that we finish strong!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment